We are four Catholic Workers, hundreds of guests and countless volunteers. We have been brought together in an attempt to discover, "who Jesus is" through action and prayer.
We have no program except to care for our brothers and sisters as we would care for Christ. We seek to offer sustenance for the body, but also for the heart and soul. We reach out to those who are forgotten and alone, hoping to offer healing through friendship and commitment. We try to help one another to be living signs of Christ's love by doing the corporal works of mercy at a personal sacrifice.
We do our work as a gift, and share the gifts we receive directly with the poor. We offer good food, over 3000 meals each week. We offer our home as a place where all can be transformed by serving those in need. We offer an open door to those most at risk on the streets. We offer clothes and other necessities to those facing homelessness.
We invite you to join us, through prayer, with donations and in person.
The Mission of the Orange County Catholic Worker is:
- To be a community seeking God by living with the poor
- To share dignity through home-cooked meals, friendship, and
the offering of shelter and other basic services;
- To resist the dominant culture of violence and addiction through adherence to Christ's law of non-violence, service and serenity
- To embrace the Gospel values of simple living and trust in
- To encounter God through prayer, liturgy, service,
Aware of our individual and societal illnesses, and through the gift of our faith in a healing God, we are encouraged to face pain, speak truth, and celebrate resurrection.